Tuesday, February 3, 2009

We LOVE it outside!


Yesterday morning we took Caleb for a follow-up at the Dr. Praise the Lord he is doing much better! He is wheezing some now, however, so the Dr. put him on a breathing treatment for a couple days. Caleb takes it very well, and it seems to be making a difference.
When we got home, I was amazed at how warm it was outside. I guess I forgot to "turn up the music" with all the rushing around I had been doing. Mom took Caleb in for his nap while Stephen and I enjoyed the sunshine. We ran around the backyard with both our 2 dogs and my parents' 2. Stephen had the best time! He laughed and laughed as each dog attempted to play with or avoid him. I carried him picky bag some as we dodged dog poop in the yard! Ha! When naptime came, I told Stephen that he could take his nap outside. He was SO excited!
We both went in the house and gathered lots of blankets and 2 pillows. After searching, Stephen settled on the "perfect" sunny spot in Mom's front yard. We layed one blanket down and then covered up with the rest. It took awhile for Stephen to settle down and ignore the sounds of the airplanes above and cars driving by. I thought at one point that I had made a bad decision. Finally, though, Stephen pulled the blanket over his head and fell asleep. He laid out there for about 2 hours and slept as good as if in his own warm bed. It was precious!
Praise God for warm days. Praise Him even more that I get to spend it with my boys!

4 comments:

  1. Glad to hear Caleb is on the mend!

    And what a fun way to make nap time seem like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praise the Lord for answered prayers. Glad to hear Caleb is doing better. I with Stephen on taking a nap outside on warm days! I love to sleep on the sun porch at our house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a memory!!!

    I am glad Caleb is better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been trying to make several "turn up the music" memory days. Claire and I have enjoyed the warm days too and enjoyed the "snow" this morning. Thanks for the glimpse in to your memories.

    I am glad Caleb is feeling better.

    Love and miss you guys.

    ReplyDelete