Tuesday, February 10, 2009

10%...Yay!

Since moving, I have been going to Weight Watchers with my Mom. I've always thought the program seemed effective and have been intrigued. I also liked the idea that you could eat flexibly, which is great for someone as picky as me. All that to say, Mom and I joined the first week of December. I have enjoyed spending this time with her, and Stephen has enjoyed spending it "working" with my Dad at his shop. Caleb, bless his heart, tags along with us. The program has worked very well for me, and I've had a great time working through it. I joined with the goal of getting off my "Caleb weight." While pregnant with him, I ate and ate and loved every minute of it! Assuming it would be my last pregnancy, I wanted to "go all out." And boy did I! These past 9 weeks I have focused hard on re-learning how to eat. I've tried to make smarter choices. My mindset in this has been to learn how to control myself for God's glory. For me personally, I do not have the confidence to serve Him like I should when I don't feel good about myself. This might sound crazy, but it truly affects my walk. So today, praise the Lord, I met my 10% weight loss goal! It's not much, but I am very excited! I'm back to my "pre-Caleb" weight and more importantly, back in my jeans! Yay! I'd still like to lose some more but am very grateful for making it this far. I'll definetly keep everyone posted.

6 comments:

  1. That is so awesome! I noticed this on Facebook and when you said 10% I wondered if it was WW. I did this program with my mom when I was engaged, hoping to lose a few extra pounds so I could look great on the big day! I think I lost about 10 pounds and Momma lost 25! She looked great too!

    Congrats on this goal, and getting back into those jeans!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job!!!

    I really really need to get started.

    ReplyDelete
  3. GREAT JOB TIFFANY! I am so glad you made your 10%. The rewards are definitely worth the sacrifices. I'm proud of you and will be praying for your continued success! Love ya.
    Put your bronze reward on your keychain. It will be a reminder of your success.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cogratulations! and in 3 months, wow! It took me 5 with Isaac.I can't get into my jeans right now:) I have 18 more pounds to go to get to my pre-Olivia, but I want to keep on about 1/2 of it, so 9 more lbs maybe. Thank goodness for Spanx!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job, Tiffany! Keep up the good work, and keep us posted! It is the motivation I need to keep going.

    ReplyDelete