Wednesday, February 18, 2009

My Journey...Part 2

Proverbs 31:10 says, "A wife of noble character(virtuous woman) who can find? She is worth far more than rubies." The phrase virtuous woman also means "a woman of strength." Henry writes that she is the "weaker vessel, yet made strong by wisdom and grace, and the fear of God."
*Am I strong because of God's power in me or do I pretend to be strong because of who I think I am? Most of the time I personally am too self-sufficient. I forget that when "I am weak, He is strong."
The word virtuous is also found in Exodus 18:21 where a good judge is decribed. The men described in Exodus are "qualified" to be judges.
*Am I "qualified" to be a wife and Mom? In my own strength, no. But this is God's calling upon my life. It is the most important thing I could ever do. Therefore, I ask myself, "how much time am I investing in being a 'qualified' wife and Mom?". Not enough. Often during the days I tend to slip into the "duty" mode as opposed to seeing it as a treasure and something I should take seriously. Based on this conclusion, I am now working on the question, "How will I make this responsibility (that of being the wife and Mom God has called me to be) more important?". Possible answers for me are: to pray over it consistently, to plan special family things, to study God's Word and other resources, to celebrate the role God has given me each day.
...And this is where I must end for tonight. We're doing 1,000 hours of prayer at the Summit, and my hour slot is quickly approaching. So much more to write...tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your journey. What we can all learn from each other.

    Looking forward to more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoying your insights. It is challenging in my own journey as wife and mother and my spiritual walk.

    ReplyDelete