Saturday, January 31, 2009

My Birthday

Yesterday, January 30, was my 28th birthday. The day, to say the least, did not go as I had necessarily planned. But when it comes to children, I guess no day really goes as planned! Regardless, it was very special! Each holiday reminds me how blessed I am to have a family to celebrate with. I am thankful for another year. Here's what happened: Caleb had kept us up coughing the night before. I slept in the recliner holding until the early morning hours. At around 8, I decided that he needed to go the Dr. Jeremy and I assumed he had the croup just like Stephen. Thankfully, the Dr. saw us quickly. I think Caleb's pitiful cough got their attention. They diagnosed him with croup, but also with RSV. They warned me not to read about RSV on the web, because it would scary me, but I did anyways. RSV is a virus much like a cold. It is the leading cause of bronchitis and pneumonia in infants. If it becomes severe, the child is hospitalized. Needless to say, I do not want to do the "child hospitalized" thing again. The Dr. put Caleb on a steroid and another medicine. We take him back first thing Monday morning. I'm remaining optimistic as he seems to be feeling better. That afternoon we enjoyed the company of Joe and Sandy Kearns. I am so grateful God gave us such people who love us like we're part of their family. Stephen especially loves Sandy. That evening, I met Jeremy in Durham. It was hard leaving Caleb, but I knew Mom could take care of him. Jeremy and I met a real estate agent and looked at a couple houses. We're just starting this search, so pray for us. Our house in Winston is still on the market, but we are praying about somehow moving anyways. God will provide! Jeremy and I then ate supper at the Carolina Ale House. It was nice spending time together. For some crazy reason, I always feel guilty being away from the boys. I know Jeremy and I need this time together, though, and I always love having quiet time with him. He even sent me flowers, which was a total surprise! We came back to Snow Camp after dinner and spent some time with the boys. Stephen made my day by telling me "Happy Birthday Mama! I love you!" as I put him to bed. All in all, my 28th was nice. Regardless, it, like every other day, is "the day that the Lord had made!"

6 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Tiffany. We miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had a good birthday. Sorry to hear about Caleb being sick, and Stephen too.

    I will be praying for both of your boys to feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday! I hope everyone is feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wilson had RSV at four months and was put in the hospital for three days, but recovered well. We haven't had any problems since.
    Happy Birthday. We miss you all here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday!!!

    We are praying for Stephen and Caleb.

    Miss you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Belated Birthday Tiffany! We miss you bunches and look forward to seeing you in Gatlinburg! We are praying for your family and especially for Caleb.

    ReplyDelete