Thursday, February 19, 2009

My Journey...Part 2-Continued

For some reason, my time setting on this blog is incorrect. It's like 7am Thursday morning. I wanted to finish up last night's entry before the boys got up. I love the quietness of the house this time of the morning. Anyways, still considering the definition of a virtuous woman, I learned that she is also a woman of "resolution."
*What then, have I personally resolved to do?
Let's see: stay home with the boys, be a "wife and Mom after God's own heart," put Christ first then family, minister with Jeremy, help carry the financial load somehow (this is where I'm really praying for guidance)
Looking back at my resolutions has really re-focused my approach to each day.
As a person of "resolution," the virtuous woman "will not be frightened with winds and clouds from any part of her duty"(Henry).
*What frightens me and threatens to distract me from God's calling?
A short version of the list would be: financial pressure, other women, my own agenda, the boredom and monotony of each day
*How will I keep doing and get past these "clouds?"
My personal solution: focus on time with God and living with His joy, being a wise steward of what God has given us, keeping my focus where it should be, looking past now and considering the future
That's enough for me to take in this morning. I don't just want to learn, I want to make changes. I want our life to be effected by all God is teaching me. And to think, I'm still in the first verse of this description.=)

2 comments:

  1. Being a mommy and a wife are two of the hardest jobs I have had, but love every minute of it good and bad, easy and tough times too.
    Now having both sons and a daughter, I am trying to balance out what God wants me to teach/show each of them. Enjoying reading through this with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being a mom and wife are plenty. Adding a full-time job to the plate is more than enough. I pray for continued strength and guidance each day. I don't know how the unsaved can do it. I was so lost and hopeless until Jesus came into my heart!

    ReplyDelete