Monday, February 23, 2009

My Journey...Part 4


I had to include this picture of Caleb! This is one of the reasons I am doing this study and trying to become the virtuous wife and mother God has called me to be!
Proverbs 31:11,12 says, "Her husband has full confidence in her and lacks nothing of value. She brings him good, not harm, all the days of her life." One part of my "job description" is to seek to please Jeremy. I should take this just as seriously as if on assignment from a boss (I guess I could consider God my "boss!"). I Corinthians 7:34b says "But a married woman is concerned about the affairs of this world-how she can please her husband." Henry writes "Though she is a woman of spirit herself, yet her desire is to her husband, to know his mind, that she may accomodate herself to it."
*How well do I truly know Jeremy? probably not as well as I'd like to think; our needs tend to change as we grow older and mature; I need to make "studying" him (what makes him tick) more of a priority
The virtuous woman's husband has no reason to doubt her purity. He has no reason to be jealous of her.
She is not timid but humble. The virtuous woman has found that balance of meekness yet not pushover that is so hard to achieve.
Her husband trusts her. He is relaxed, and this flows over to the rest of the family.
*Does our home promote relaxation and trust? For the most part (minus when we're running out the door and late; Ha!)
I'll have to finish this tomorrow...there's so much more to learn about the trust a virtuous woman's husband has in her! It's hubby time!=)

2 comments:

  1. Love this picture!! He is so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Caleb is growning so fast. We really have missed seeing both of them.

    Thanks for sharing your journey in Proverbs 31 with us. We can really all learn from each other what God has showed us.

    ReplyDelete