Friday, February 13, 2009

House Hunting

This week has included 2 days of house hunting in Durham. On one trip, Stephen and I tackled the search with our agent while Jeremy worked. Last night, Jeremy, Caleb, and I went while Stephen stayed with my parents. All in all, we have found nothing. I should clarify "nothing." We have not found a house that fits what we are looking for. We've seen big houses and small houses; old and new construction. We haven't, however, gotten that tingly "this is it" feeling that we're so desperately waiting for. Does the search continue? Not right now; not for me at least. My mind is overwhelmed with all these houses. In fact, our best option right now is to build. And knowing me and Jeremy, this is probably what we'll do. We really enjoyed the building process with our last home. And speaking of our last home, no, it has not sold. Jeremy and I are just taking a step of faith and looking anyways. Maybe that's why we can't find anything. Maybe it's not time. I'm not really sure, but I will keep everyone posted. The search could begin again any day. We'll see...

3 comments:

  1. I can't think of anything worse financially than having two house payments, so maybe the fact that you haven't found something is the Lord's way of saying that you should wait? (I know you didn't ask for my 2 cents, but I couldn't help myself! I would hate so see you guys choked by financial pressure!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We built our house too five years ago and would not wish it on anyone. I could not imagine wanting to build again after the experience.I would go buy a house. We self-contracted our house (to save $25,000) and maybe thats why I would never do it again. I have never been so stressed in my life. I hope whatever you decide to do, that your house here sells!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the perfect house for you - located on Shutt Hartman Drive! Just Kidding! Praying for you for God's guidance and wisdom.

    ReplyDelete