Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Friday-Tuesday...Too busy to blog!


Please forgive the time lapse. This is the first time I have had a chance to sit down and write. We have had a great but busy last 4 days. At noon on Friday, Jeremy and I headed to Pinehurst. The bed and breakfast where we stayed was so beautiful. We checked in and unloaded the car first; then spent most of the afternoon sightseeing in the small town. We ate an early supper at the cutest little restaurant. It was so good that we later went back for dessert. We spent the rest of the evening watching TV in our room and relaxing. I kept waiting for Caleb to cry or Stephen to need me. It was kinda strange. Saturday morning we had a very good breakfast there and then headed back home. It was a short trip, but just what Jeremy and I needed.
Later Saturday, the Canter family came down, and we played Wii for awhile. We then went out to eat. It was so good to see them! Moving away from their family was one of the hardest things to do. We love them so much. Throughout the Saturday night and into Sunday morning, Stephen's lingering cough began to get way worse, and he started running a fever. We were up almost every hour that night.
First thing Sunday morning, my parents and I (Jeremy had to be at church early) took him to an Urgent Care in Durham. No pediatrician would see Stephen since he was considered a new patient. The Dr. at the Urgent Care was very good and diagnosed Stephen with croup. I didn't even know this was an actual sickness. It was so bad that they put him on steroids for five days and instructed me to give him Delsym. Since then he seems to feel much better. After going to the Dr., we headed to church. I hated to make Stephen go while he was feeling bad, but Jeremy was being ordained. The ordination service went well, so I guess I'm officially married to a Pastor! Ha! Really, though, I am so proud of the man God has given me. That afternoon we ate lunch with both my parents and Jeremy's.
Jeremy, the boys, and I then headed to Winston for the night. On Monday morning, Stephen got his hair cut. We then had our once a year check-up with the neurosurgeon who did Stephen's neck surgery back in '07. Stephen was very co-operative for x-rays, and everything still looks great. They even approved him to start playing soccer in April! We are very excited! Our next check-up will not be til next year. Afterwards, we spent some time with Joe, Judy, and Jeremy's Mom and then headed back to Snow Camp. And that's about it...Wow! It was a crazy weekend but very productive. If you think about it, please pray that Stephen gets over this sickness. Also, pray, because I think Caleb may be getting it. We'll see! Back to Mommy world I go!

3 comments:

  1. I will be praying for him and praying that Caleb doesn't get it. Glad to hear that you had a nice get away. Even for a few hours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope Stephen is feeling better. I am glad you had a nice trip.

    We are proud of Jeremy too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad to hear you and Jeremy enjoyed your "get away". It was good to talk with you Friday night. Come see us soon. How's WW going? You look great in your picture!

    ReplyDelete