Saturday, January 10, 2009

Improving...

Thank you for your prayers! Stephen slept through the night last night! I expected him to be up at least a couple times, but he did not get up at all! This morning he's acted somewhat like his normal self. I can tell he's still a little drained. His eyes are very swollen and red. His Doctor called this morning and assured us that the swelling was completely normal. She said it will take awhile for Stephen to learn to use his eyes together again. I still notice them pulling in opposite directions sometimes. I forgot to mention this in my update last night, but God again proved Himself amazing yesterday: when we got in the car at 7 am headed to surgery, "Praise You in the Storm" was playing on the radio. Jeremy and I were immediately reminded that Stephen's surgery was part of God's perfect plan. This may seem insignificant, but I believe God wanted us to hear that song. It changed our perspective the rest of the day. We truly serve a caring God. Thank you again for your prayers. They are making a difference!

2 comments:

  1. I was told about your blog this past week. I am so thankful you are blogging. We can keep in touch and updated now. Tell Stephen we love him and are so glad he is doing well. We miss you guys terribly!!! Waiting for you to call and tell us you are coming to dinner! We would love to see all of you. Caleb is growing like a weed. Praying for your family. love ya.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad things went well with the surgery. Our prayer is that this will correct his vision and that he will be able to put this behind him. We miss you guys and love you.

    ReplyDelete