Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Our Surprise Airport Tour & Hitting the Road Again!

This past Monday night, Jeremy, Stephen, Caleb, and I went to Chick-fil-a with some friends from the Summit. The guy, Chris, is a personal pilot for Progress Energy. We were telling him how crazy Stephen is about trains and planes when Chris volunteered to give us a "tour" at RTP. Stephen was so excited on the drive (it's like 2 miles) over there. With a swipe of Chris' ID card we were in the private hangar of Progress Energy. Their 3 beautiful white planes were calling Stephen's name! Chris let the door down on one, and we all crawled inside. The inside was amazing to say the least. Stephen sat in the pilot's seat and turned the wheel this way and that. Chris turned on all the "dashboard" lights and gave Stephen a "3 year old flying lesson!" He was wide-eyed. Chris then let Stephen help him open the hangar door and walk right out beside the runway. The planes were so close! Jeremy and I enjoyed seeing everything up-close as much as Stephen did. It was a definitely a night Stephen will always remember.
It's now Thursday and in about an hour, we're headed for the beach. Union Grove invited me to come on their annual Junion High Girls' Beach trip! I am so excited! Jeremy's gonna stay with the Laniers and play some golf tomorrow. My Mom and Dad are bringing Stephen and Caleb on Friday, and we'll all stay at my parent's beach place until late Sunday. Jeremy has an appointment on Sunday with another Children's Pastor in Wilmington. We'll worship there and then head back home. Pray that we'll be safe and that the Lord would use me as I share with the UG girls tonight and tomorrow. Can't wait!=)





3 comments:

  1. What a fun day. Did your pilot friend give Stephen a set of wings?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would give anything to have seen his face. I bet his smile streched.

    I am praying for you as you speak to the girls. I know God will be glorified and I hope the girls not only hear the Word but leave doers fo the Word.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WHAT? Fratenizing with the competition. Tell Stephen he might have been on the property of Progress Energy but DUKE ENERGY RULES!!!

    ReplyDelete