Wednesday, July 22, 2009

The "Disney Wall!"

Before I explain the "Disney Wall," I have to say that Jeremy and I had an amazing trip to Greensboro for our anniversary. Grandover was so good for us. We had a couple's massage, sat by the pool (they served us lunch), and just relaxed for the afternoon. On Tuesday, we were still "childless," so I started cleaning out some of the toys at the Summit. Organizing is so much fun for me; I know it sounds weird, but I truly love it! Late Tuesday night, Jeremy's Mom called and said that Stephen was sick. We immediately got in the car and headed to Winston (We were planning on going the following morning anyways.). We got there around midnight, and Stephen was finally asleep. Thank the Lord he has not had any more "episodes" since. This morning we attended Triad's VBS to get some ideas and meet with their children's pastor. It was a huge help and very motivational. Finally, we headed back to Raleigh and picked Caleb up in Graham on our way through. We are back home, with the boys, and getting back in the daily groove. It was a great weekend, though, and I'm so glad we took some time out for ourselves.
So...the Disney Wall! The 4 of us are headed to Disney on September 27! We will be there Sunday through Saturday. Jeremy and I are so excited! I am truly a Disney fanatic! I would go there every year (maybe several times a year!) and never get tired of it! One of the best parts for me, though, is the planning! I love it! We've been planning this trip since Disney released the September dates. I made our dining reservations on the first day we could. We've got character dining each day we're there!=) I also read the 2009 edition of The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World a couple of months ago! We know which park we're going to and on which days. Our touring plans are calling our names (and believe me, we'll follow them to the tee!). If there's anything I know about Disney, it's that the touring plans are a must. Otherwise, you roam around the park all day and wait in ridiculous lines. That's not for us; especially with the boys. All of that said, though, we are flexible. It's a vacation, and we're not gonna be completely tied to a plan. If Stephen sees something he'd like to do; we're there! And in the midst of all this planning, we've also gotten great prices on our room (we're staying on Disney property-and have already reserved our pack-n-play for Caleb) and our flights! We are so pscyhed! Just today, we got the personalized Disney maps that I ordered (They're free when you stay at a Disney World Resort.). We've taped them to the wall with a daily countdown til when we leave. Stephen gets to pull off one number a day until we reach 1! Yes, this is all crazy, but it's so much fun! We want Stephen to remember Disney, but also to remember the fun (and waiting) that happens before! If you need any Disney planning advice, I'd love to share! Disney is definitely one of my things!=) Let the countdown begin!=)

Us after 7 years!=)

The indoor pool at Grandover

The outdoor pool at Grandover

The Disney Wall!!!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Ysy disney!! We are going in Dec and I am so excited!!! Its our 3rd trip, but will be our 1st time staying on the disney property.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love count downs. It builds the anticipation. What a great time for Stephen. And you also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read the unofficial 2009 guide as well. I have it at home. I have our trip planned out and meals. We are on the countdown too. We leave the week before you guys..boohoo. wished we were there at the same time.

    ReplyDelete