Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Family Day!

Our July 4th weekend continued through Monday since Jeremy had the day off. That morning we headed to the Durham Museum of Life and Science. Stephen and I had been there before but never Jeremy. It is so awesome! The teacher in me loves all the educational stuff!=) It's fun at the same time, though. In fact, we loved it so much that we bought an annual pass. That way we can go anytime, and I can take the boys during the week. The pass is for 4 people, so if anyone would like to go with us somtime (for free), that'd be awesome! It would be worth the drive!=) Later Monday night, we walked to Chic-fil-a for a milkshake. Stephen played in the Playplace and was the only little person in there. Funny story while there: Stephen told me he had to "poop," so I rushed him across the restaurant to the bathroom. Not to be utterly gross, but we had success.=) For some reason, he sometimes still struggles with this. Anyhoo, as we were walking back across Chic-fil-a, Stephen spotted his Daddy through the Playplace window. Without realizing Jeremy couldn't hear him, but everyone else in the restaurant could, Stephen shouted "I pooped!" He then began to sing, "I pooped, I pooped, I pooped," at the top of his lungs! I put my hand over his mouth and busted out laughing! It was classic! What an experience having little boys (and I hear it only gets worse!).=) So, Tuesday night, we headed back to Chic-fil-a. Grant it, we ate at the apartment first and only went for Family Night. Stephen loves making the crafts and sometimes they give away free icecream. In preparation for Friday, which is Cow Appreciation Day (if you dress like a cow you get a free Value Meal-we are planning on doing this-anything for free food!), the craft that night was making a sign. Stephen was so proud of his and hung in on his bedroom door when we got home. I'll have to post pictures of us on Friday. What a hoot it should be!=) Today (Wednesday) my Mom and Grandma came up and kept Stephen and Caleb, so I could help Jeremy out at church some. We also had a SummitKids get together tonight at the apartment clubhouse. Right now, Stephen and Caleb are both asleep, and I really need to get off here and spend some quality time with Jeremy. During devo's tonight, we read about God's Word. The page had Stephen circle what he loved more: a picture of money or a picture of God's Word. Stephen whole-heartedly circled money! Oops! Jeremy tried to explain to him how money doesn't even compare to God's Word. He asked Stephen what he would do with money, and I must admit I felt pride when Stephen said, "Put it in the bank." Yes, "give it to God" would have been a better response, but I'll take saving as an okay response!=) He (and we too) have so much to learn! What an adventure!=)

Stephen taking a quick pose in front of some flowers at the musem...not his favorite thing, that's for sure!=)

Jeremy and Stephen rode this ride thing that shows how birds fly. It was pretty cool!

Caleb had a fun time too!

Stephen and his Chic-fil-a sign! He looks like a little Chic-fil-a billboard!=)

3 comments:

  1. Time is moving too fast. The boys are growing so much.

    I thought maybe Stephen was going to make an "I pooped" sign. Too funny.

    Love and miss you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Tiffany! Jeremy gave Matt your blog address today, so now I'm going to be stalking you and your precious family. :) Also, I totally told Matt that he and Carson should dress up as cows tomorrow too... but I don't think he's brave enough!
    - Catherine Allison

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love seeing the pictures. Keep posting them so we can keep up with all of you!

    ReplyDelete