Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Reminded of Miracles



If you've ever wondered why I originally "titled" this blog Miracles Happen, it goes back to the amazing miracles God performed in our family's life in August 2007.

Since most of you know our story, I'll skip sharing it this time (let me know if you have know idea what I'm talking about...), and focus on the miracle reminder I got tonight.

The boys have thoroughly enjoyed having the bounce house out the past couple weeks and are coming up with new tricks each day! Tonight I noticed Stephen's new skill of doing hand stands again the net sides. I did my best to capture the picture above.

This may not seem like a big deal for most kids, but when I remember that our little man's neck is supported by a metal plate, 7 screws, and 1 of his ribs, I am in awe again at the miracle God has performed in his life. We were so close to losing him, and that fear was closely followed by a fear of partial paralysis after his neck surgery.

After seeing how stiff Stephen's neck was when he got his brace off and watching him struggle with physical therapy, I now rejoice in his healing! Dr. Coutier, his neurosurgeon, would be surprised at his progress I'm sure. There's no doubt he's surpassed the 50% neck movement they predicted he'd have.

And tonight, as I watched him fearlessly bounce and bend this way and that, I was in awe all over again. Our God does miracles every day...I choose not to miss them!

No comments:

Post a Comment