Sunday, December 19, 2010

Busy, Busy Saturday



(Stephen's in the blue coat, bending down and grabbing candy!)

Being a homebody myself, leaving our house on Saturday at 8:45 in the morning and not returning til 8:45 that night equals a hugely busy (rarely happens) day for our family! We've gotten into a kinda "late morning slump," where Caleb rarely wiggles til 9:30 in the morning, and we don't get downstairs to breakfast til after 10. I know, it might sound like we're lazy, but these cold days have caused the boys and I to kind of hibernate. I'm so blessed to have these quiet, do nothing days at home!

Saturday, though, was super fun despite being gone so much! We started off our day at the Bahama Christmas parade with some great Summit families. The family who hosted everyone had a delicious spread for us to enjoy. The parade was fun, and I don't know that I've ever seen that much candy being thrown out! The boys loved it!

After the parade, Jeremy went to speak at a Habitat for Humanity ceremony while the boys and I went to the Franks' house for lunch. Stephen and Caleb had a great time with the other kids that were there and again, the food was delicious!

Right before we planned to leave, it started snowing like crazy. Stephen and Caleb begged to go outside with the other boys, so we ended up staying a little longer than planned. They sledded, threw snowballs, and even had snow cream!

Afterwards, we drove to Graham where we had Christmas with my Mom's side of the family. It was nice seeing some cousins that we rarely get to see any other time of the year.

I realize during Christmas more than ever how blessed I am to have amazing friends and family!



No comments:

Post a Comment