Monday, August 31, 2009

House Hunting Continued=)

Thanks to everyone for the encouraging comments you left on my last post. This past Thursday, August 27th, was less emotional than I had planned on. I think sharing my heart with everyone and knowing that they were praying made a huge difference. I got up Thursday morning (at Jeremy's parent's house) and thought "Too bad everything's closed since today's a holiday!" It was such a weird feeling. I literally had to tell myself all day that it wasn't really a holiday and probably no different than any other day for the rest of the world. The day was good, though. We spent the morning at Chuck E. Cheese, and I took a good long nap with Stephen in the afternoon. We didn't get back to Durham til like 10:30 that night. The only time I really had to fight back the tears was from 6:30-7:00. It was that whole, "we're headed out the door like any other night...we just had the wreck...Stephen's not conscious...we're sitting in the car waiting...and so on." I had to force those negative thoughts (and scary memories) out of my mind and focus on the present. God's will is so amazing!
Anyhoo, as the title implies, we are house hunting again...kinda. We made an offer on a house last week, but the bank has countered back a little higher than we're comfortable with. We're still on that offer, and I'm not sure what our next move will be. In the meantime, we've looked at more houses and found another one that we really like. Our realtor is getting together more details for us, and we may pursue this one as opposed to the first. I'll keep everyone posted. We have to be out of the apartment on October 17, so we've got a little more time. Picking a home is so important! And way tougher if you didn't build it! We'll see...=)




Stephen at his first Hillandale soccer game.


Stephen "driving" Caleb at Chuck E. Cheese.


Caleb "driving" himself!=)

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad things went better than expected on Thursday. You all were in my prayers. Praying you will find the perfect home.

    ReplyDelete