Thursday, May 28, 2009

Hearing the Whisper...

It's been a long time again. Right now I'm once again in the clubhouse computer room. It's dark and stormy outside, so this will be short. I admittedly get a little scared in here at night by myself and rarely ever do it. I really had to blog this, though. God taught me something amazing yesterday. Here goes:
Psalms 107:1-32 is an amazing passage. You should study it sometime if you get a chance. It's the passage my devotional Bible took me to yesterday, and I spend way more time than I had planned reading it. The Holy Spirit showed me one thing after another. The main thing, though, was in verses 23-32. It talks about "others on the sea" and being in a storm. It talks about how they were scared and "cried out to the Lord in their trouble." Verses 29 and 30 were God's response to their fear; to their cries. It says, "He stilled the storm to a whisper; the waves of the sea were hushed. They were glad when it grew calm, and he guided them to their desired haven." How awesome! The thing that really stuck out to me was that God stilled the storm. He didn't take it away. It was still there; in a whisper. The men could "see" it if they looked hard enough. I completely feel like this in my life. I know it's been a long time since "our storm," but I can still hear the "whisper." Sometimes it brings me to tears; sometimes to my knees in thanksgiving. It's all about how I choose to listen; how well I want to listen; what I want to hear! In this same devotion yesterday, I also read an amazing poem by Anna Waring. It says:

In heavenly love abiding,
No change my heart shall fear;
And safe is such confiding,
For nothing changes here.
The storm may roar without me,
My heart may low be laid,
But God is round about me,
And can I be dismayed?

Wherever He may guide me,
No fear shall turn me back;
My Shepherd is beside me;
And nothing shall I lack.
His wisdom ever waketh,
His sight is never dim;
He knows the way He taketh,
And I will walk with Him.

Green pastures are before me,
Which yet I have not seen;
Bright skies will soon be o'er me,
Where darkest clouds have been.
My hope I cannot measure,
My path to life is free;
My Savior is my treasure,
And he will walk with me.

Last night, before I went to bed, I looked at the date on my cell and realized it was May 27. It's been 1 year and 9 months since the biggest storm of our lives. And to think, even yesterday, God remembered and had the perfect devotion for me! Hope you are encouraged! He's always there!

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing this. God used it to minister to me this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet post Tiffany and you always give such encouragement to others. Love ya lots!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't He great that He sends us what we need. Your post reminded me. "Oh how He loves you and me." Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete