Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Mother's Day Weekend


Jeremy and Stephen built a "tent" that connected to the TV. They watched WonderPets until Stephen's naptime. Stephen sure loves his Daddy, and I love seeing them love each other!


Caleb "so excited" about Parent Commissioning Sunday!


Stephen and Caleb chilling under a tree at church Sunday.

Sunday was great! Not only was it Mother's Day, but it was also Parent Commissioning Sunday ("Baby Day" at the Summit). The boys surprised me with a Barnes & Noble gift card. I've already used it to buy a planning book for our trip to Disney. The book is huge, and I can barely get enough of it! I love Disney!=) The best part of my Mother's Day gift was that Jeremy volunteered to keep the boys one night while I enjoyed some reading time at Barnes & Noble. I haven't yet taken him up on this but definitely will when "another one of those days" comes up in the near future!=) After service on Sunday, there was a special meal and prayer time for parents "dedicating their children/really dedicating themselves" to the Lord. Both my parents and Jeremy's came, and we enjoyed the fellowship time with them. For Mother's Day supper, Jeremy said we could go anywhere I wanted. We were already home at this point, and I really didn't want to go through the hassle of getting the boys ready. Plus, our time at the restaurant would be nowhere near relazing. We'd be pre-occupying them instead! So, for my special Mother's Day meal, I chose McDonalds! Jeremy went through the drive-thru and for the first time since December (when I started Weight Watchers), I had McDonalds' fries!...Perfect!=) Jeremy and I will get our romantic meal another time! This week has been good so far. We did the Chic-fil-a family night thing again last night, and I completed my first successful Craiglist sale!=) This weekend should be busy with Stephen's soccer game and our trip to see Thomas: Live on Stage!=) I'll post pictures of that later!

1 comment:

  1. We also had Parent/Child Dedication day Sunday. What a special day to dedicate ourselves to raising our children in the Lord.

    It was not the same without Caleb. We sure miss you guys but are glad you are adjusting to your new surroundings.

    ReplyDelete