Thursday, June 4, 2009

Bumming It!

I had all intentions of posting pictures...but I left my camera batteries at the apartment. Everything was plugged in, ready to download, when I realized...no batteries! Anyhoo, it will have to wait...once again! This has been a nice week for all of us. Monday we did the Harris Teeter thing and Weight Watchers. I'm still right where I need to be weight wise (which is great considering I eat at least 2 candybars a week!). I know it will eventually catch up with me, so I've got to get more serious. Plus, I also know it's my responsibilty to take care of this vessel God has given me. On Tuesday we went to a playdate at the park with some Moms from the Summit. Stephen is beginning to make friends with the other little boys there. Yesterday, believe it or not, I had an interview at a Christian school in Durham. They're looking for a tutor/therapist in their NILD program. This is what I did at Salem for awhile and then at UG. I'm praying about what to do. It'd only be like 6 hours a week, but I'm loving this "not working at all" stage (I mean, not working out of the house. Staying home IS work! Don't be fooled!) With my desire to stay home, is an equal conviction that I should be financially easing the burden on Jeremy. It's a Prov. 31 thing I'm still learning. I'll keep everyone posted. Please pray that I'd have wisdom if you think about it! Thanks! My parents kept the boys during my interview yesterday and are not bringing them back until tonight! Unbelieveable! A free day...I'm bumming it! For fun (and this is really sad!), I got up this morning to steal some deals from Lowe's Food. It's so much easier without 2 little ones!=) I spent $40 and saved $35...Not bad! Our freezer is packed full and the pantry is filled with goodies! I love bargains! And now, yes I admit it, I'm sitting by the pool. There's no one here but me. It's so sunny, and I'm using Jeremy's wireless to do some internet work. Do I feel guilty? No way! Every mother deserves a break! It only makes us better! Have a great one!

3 comments:

  1. I'll be praying for the Lord's will on the employment opportunity. Every mom deserves a break so enjoy it! I'm still weighing in and lost 7.4 lbs this past week so I am riding the road of encouragement for next week. I am shooting for my 60 pound star! Pray for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so right...every mom deserves a break. It makes us better moms! Glad you enjoyed yours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will be praying that the Lord will give you just what you need. He is faithful.

    Glad you got some time to yourself to relax. I bet you mom enjoyed her day also.

    ReplyDelete