Tuesday, March 8, 2011

My Hero!!


I already knew that my husband rocks, but today proved it hands-down! Here's how it went:

Caleb's not been feeling well for a couple days now. Finally, after a day of no eating, constant coughing, and a fever, I called the Dr. They could get me in at 3:15, but it was already 2:45. Both Stephen and Jonathan were asleep. I called Jeremy, and he volunteered to come home or meet me at the Dr.'s office to help out. During our conversation, Jonathan woke up, so I decided I could swing it myself. I told Jeremy not to worry about it...that we'd be fine.

I woke Stephen up, and we rushed out the door. Caleb was crying nearly the whole time. When we got there, I unstrapped them and tried to coax Caleb out of the van door. He was crying and insisting he was "not sick." I was holding Jonathan this whole time. Caleb then started asking me to carry him. Clearly, I could not with Jonathan in my arms and my baby carrier out of reach. Caleb, with big tears on his cheeks, finally said, "Can Stephen carry me?" Feeling utter sympathy, I grabbed him and attempted to waddle my way across the parking lot with a baby on each hip, diaper bag, and a 4 year old dodging cars!=)

And then...I saw him! Yep, Jeremy had ignored all my "I'll be okay" comments and came to the Dr. anyways. He immediately took Jonathan, and I could give Caleb the attention he needed. Jeremy also fed Jonathan while I went back with Caleb. Yes, he was my hero! I most likely would have lost one of the boys if Jeremy had not shown up!=)

Now, all is well. Caleb has a "cold," that I'm not convinced is really a cold, but the Dr. did give him a cough medicine to use at night. And I am realizing how awesome of a husband and Daddy God has blessed me with! I love you Jeremy (and you're welcome for me posting the goofiest picture I could find)!=)

5 comments:

  1. Josh says "Good job Jeremy!"
    I like all of this, except the part where poor Caleb isn't feeling well.
    Thanks for sharing your story! It made me smile :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blog post. You have a great family; I'm glad you are in our lives!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember these days all to well. I was in the same boat as you 2 years ago(I believe your 3 are about the same age difference as my 3).My 3 had to go everywhere with me too b/c I had no other option. It was a miracle on its on I didn't lose one.It does get easier, if that helps;o) It seemd when olivia was about 18 mo. old I was like "I may actually be able to do this"

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet man and what a sweet post! So thankful for him and all he does for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad Jeremy was there to help you as he always does. I can tell how much he loves you and his boys. Jeremy, we love you too and are so thankful for the husband God gave our daughter and so blessed for the father you are to our grandsons. Love to the Pollard Family! Judy

    ReplyDelete