Monday, March 28, 2011

2 Rings!!


This is too precious for me not to post...

Tonight, while snuggling with Stephen before he fell asleep, I told him I couldn't believe he was about to turn 5. Seriously, where has the time gone? Anyways, that statement led to us counting our 5 fingers and then from there to what our different fingers are called.

When I told Stephen the "ring finger" is called that because that's the finger Daddys and Mommys wear their rings on, he then asked me if I thought he'd ever get married. I was a little at a loss for words, since just thinking about him turning 5 had almost made me tear up. But I managed to answer that we'd pray God would give him a special girl one day.

After that, though, he thought for a moment and then said, "Well, Mommy, you can just wear 2 rings if I marry you." Aww...what a sweet, little guy!

At this point I was holding back the Mommy emotion as best I could. I can only pray he will love me and Jeremy this much as he gets older and undoubtedly, disagreement comes. I also pray we will show him God's love each day by the way we love each other, him, and his brothers. This is a love that will never fail or disappoint.

God has blessed us with compassionate Stephen, and I pray He uses this love as the years go by.

1 comment: