Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Where I've been and My Journey Concluded...

It has been FOREVER since I've blogged. Here's what's been going on over the past week: We celebrated Stephen's 3rd birthday (I know I should be posting pictures!), We worshipped Christ at Easter, we signed a 6 month contract on a villa in Durham (we move this Friday; I've been trying to get stuff together), We booked a family vacation to Disney in September! Craziness but fun! With moving later this week, I'm not sure when I'll get to blog again. I want to finish up my Journey right now, in case there's another big time lapse in my blogging. Here goes:
The virtuous woman is know by others to be "worthy of praise." This was also said of Ruth in Ruth 3:11b which says, "All my fellow townsmen know that you are a woman of noble character." It's not enough to be "good." Henry writes, "Those that are good should aim and covet to excel in virtue."
Proverbs 31:31 says, "Give her the reward she has earned, and let her works bring her praise at the city gate." When we look back at verse 23, we see that her husband is the one at the city gate. He, like I wrote last time, gives her the praise she is due. The Proverbs 31 woman bears good fruit. Another good "fruit" you can see in her life is once again her children. Henry writes, "If her children be dutiful and respectful to her, and conduct themselves as they ought, they then give her the fruit of her hands; she reaps the benefit of all the care she has taken of them, and thinks herself well paid."
The final way she is praised is by her neighbors. May we, as women, praise other women when it is due. Our pride shouldn't get in the way. When we see another woman truly striving to live virtuously, may we encourage her, as a part of our own virtue.
And with that, my journey concludes...or maybe just begins...I'm not really sure. May this "looking-glass for ladies" be a constant part of my days. If so, we can expect, as Henry concludes, "praise, and honour, and glory, at the appearing of Jesus Christ." Thank you for taking this journey with me. I hope it has encouraged and challenged you in half the ways the Spirit has used it in my life. I look forward to many more journeys together!=)

3 comments:

  1. Yes, I have enjoyed this journey and the Lord has revealed things to me and reminded me of things exactly when needed. Thank you for being such an encouragement to me.

    We too, booked a Disney Vacation in September. You'll have to let me know what week you will be there. We cannot wait to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the journey. It was great.

    I know you will be glad to have a place of your own. I know your parents must be :( to see you go but it will be good for all of you. I will be praying the move goes well. It is hard to believe Stephen is three. Time just flies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for you as you conquer this move tomorrow.

    I have enjoyed this study and hope you will begin a new "blog Bible study" when you get settled.

    ReplyDelete