Monday, April 20, 2009

An Update on Us!

So, once again, I kinda "fail" at blogging!=) I've got no pictures to post and no cute title!=) Regardless, here's an update on our family. This past Friday we moved into the Villas at Brier Creek. It's a really nice, brand new set of apartments about 5 minutes from the Summit. We are the first people to have ever lived in our "home." It's 1,200 sq. feet, with 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. Both bathrooms have huge garden tubs. Stephen has already enjoyed his! We're on the terrace level which means we only have 1 neighbor; no one is living there yet. We have a private patio with grass behind it where Stephen can play. Within walking distance is a weight room, mini movie theatre, and swimming pool. I am looking forward to some sunny days by the pool!=) The apartments are also on the backside (walking distance but too far for me and the boys!) of a shopping center which includes a Chicfila with a play place. There's a community playground less than a mile down the road. Needless to say, there are lots of things for us to do! While this was not exactly what Jeremy and I had planned, we are praising the Lord for providing this "home." Someone wise (you, Judy!) once told me that home is where your family is. As long as we're together, it's home to us! Please pray, though, that the Lord would work and our house back in Winston would sale in 6 months; before our lease runs out! Thanks!
So, back to moving...On Friday, the Canters drove up and helped us move. We were up til like 1 Saturday morning. We then went to Stephen's soccer practice at 8:50. He did a little better and listened to the coach (somewhat!). His first game is this coming Saturday. I can hardly wait!
Sunday was nice for us. In addition to an awesome service, we were able to come home after church. The boys didn't have to nap in Jeremy's office! I even cooked a light lunch, and we went out for supper. I had forgotten the blessing of living close! Anyhoo, that's where we are. I'm at my Mom's now grabbing some things that we accidentally left behind. I've opted not to have internet at the apartment, so I'm borrowing my parents' computer while I'm here!=) I'll do my blogging from either Jeremy's phone or the wireless in the clubhouse. Thanks for being patient with me! Things will hopefully become "normal" again soon (if there's such a thing as normal!).=)

4 comments:

  1. Glad you are getting settled! Will be praying that your house here sells soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like an ideal place. The the luxuries we all want. I know the boys will have a great time with all that is right at hand. And being that close is worth it all. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear you are in a home close to Jeremy's work now. I know this will make a BIG difference in your family time. We miss you and are waiting for a lunch visit from you. Call me and we will schedule a date.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear you are getting settled in!! Your boys are sooo precious! Caleb is really getting big! Miss you guys and glad to hear you are doing well.

    ReplyDelete