Thursday, April 30, 2009

Teethies...!




First off, in the pictures above, Caleb was NOT drinking Dr. Pepper. They were just playing!=) It's cool to actually see them beginning to interact (though often times too rough for me!) with each other.
So, long time no post for me. It's not that I'm too busy. With no internet (by choice) in our apartment, I have to use the computer in the clubhouse. It's a short walk, but the boys don't do well waiting while I write!=) Right now they're both in the floor playing with the boatload of toys I brought to distract them! At any minute, Caleb could start crying, and this post is over! We'll see!=) Speaking of Caleb, he got his first 2 teeth yesterday. He's done well and not been overly fussy. Today, actually, marks the one year anniversary of the due date of the baby God took back in 2007. That's kinda crazy, I guess, that I remember, but it comes to mind naturally; Stephen had this same due date. On this day, especially, I am very grateful for the blessing of Caleb. He is the little boy God meant for us to share, and I love him overwhelmingly! Stephen is also doing well. I think he's actually drawing on the clubhouse carpet right now! Oops!=) We have so much fun walking places and just hanging out. Just last night, Jeremy and I took him to a playground at the airport. It's really close to the runway, and we saw lots of planes taking off! It was very cool and only like 3 or so miles from the apartment. Stephen tells me, "he doesn't ever want to live anywhere else!" He loves it here! We do family night at Chic-Fil-a on Tuesday nights and the library on Wednesday mornings. I'm beginning to find my nitch! Finding my place in ministry at the Summit is my next goal. I'm praying that God leads me. I'm excited to get to teach the elementary this coming Sunday. I haven't taught kids in a long time and really miss it! Pray that I please the Lord if you think about it! Oh, and we had 2 different people look at our house this past weekend; haven't heard anything from the showings. We'll keep praying, trusting, and enjoying every day! I'll be in touch!=)...

5 comments:

  1. You live close! Let's get together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad that you are getting back into the groove of life! I enjoyed all the posts you did on Proverbs 31, and have missed reading about your family. Caleb is so big! How old is he now?

    I also have a couple of dates that are forever stuck in my mind. March 3rd, the day the Lord took my baby to Heaven, and Sept.29th, the day that baby would have been born. I wonder if our two babies get to play in Heaven together? I don't like to dwell on it, but it's just something I guess I will never forget. And like you, I also have the blessing of my son Quinn, the baby the Lord wanted me to have here on Earth!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you are finding your "nitch" in Durham. We miss you here but understand the Lord has BIG PLANS for you there as well. Caleb is growing so fast and Stephen looks extremely happy! To God Be The Glory.
    Love you Guys...Angie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad to hear of Stephens joy. Caleb is growing fast. It is hard to believe. We miss you ALL so much but understand that God sometimes moves people through our lives. I am glad you were in mine.

    We are continuing to pray about the house.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am glad you are finding your nitch and making it feel like home. You are still missed here but we are excited to see the ways God will continue to use you.

    ReplyDelete