Wednesday, April 1, 2009

My Journey...Part 10

First off, I have to let everyone know that on Tuesday I reached Lifetime Membership at Weight Watchers! I've lost about 23 pounds (which I know is not a whole bunch) but enough to put me back down to "pre-Caleb" weight! I don't want to "stop" now but am very thankful for this accomplishment. Back to Proverbs 31...
So, I'm officially on the last page of Matthew Henry's commentary. This has been quite a journey, but I have loved every minute of it! Proverbs 31:25 says (and once again, we talked about this verse earlier in another context), "She is clothed with strength and dignity; she can laugh at the days to come." The virtuous woman is confident. She has an ongoing spirit. Others see her "strength and honour" and desire to know her; to know what/Who makes her different. Henry comments: "She enjoys a firmness and constancy of mind, has spirit to bear up under the many crosses and disappointments which even the wise and virtuous must expect to meet with in this world." Just because she fears God doesn't mean that she is exempt from hard times; from frustrations; from disappointments. I imagine that this beautiful woman had "cry days" herself! The difference is that she rested in Who was really in control. She didn't just KNOW it, she BELIEVED it! I've really been asking myself lately "how much do I really believe God?". Sadly, I must answer not much. If I did, I would live life differently, just as the Proverbs 31 woman did.
At the end of her life (which is really just the beginning), she can look back and know that "she has lived for some good purpose. She shall be recompensed for her goodness with 'fulness of joy and pleasures forevermore'." I want to live each day as if it was the last. I want to love my family and bring joy into our home. I also want to anticipate the Heavenly blessings that lie ahead; that this Earth is not my home! May we, as women, be able to look back at the end of our lives and rejoice!

4 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR GOAL AND LIFETIME MEMBERSHIP!!!! WAY TO GO TIFFANY!!!ADD A GIRL!!!YOU INSPIRE ME!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your weight loss! I dont think I will ever get back into my "pre-Lauren" jeans!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go Tiffany! Keep up the good work. And thanks again for the journey through Proverbs 31. I also feel like I have failed God so many times. Isn't great that He loves us inspite of those faults.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go! Are we going to do another "bible" study when this is finished. I hope so. I have really enjoyed your thoughts and insights.

    ReplyDelete