Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Oh Caleb...



What a funny blessing Caleb is to our family! He keeps us laughing and on our toes. Here are a couple quick stories from the past few days worth noting:

-He lost his blankie today. Yep, we looked for nearly 3 hours and never found it. The boys even skipped their naps, because Caleb can't sleep without it. Finally, Jeremy found it in the washing machine. I guess Caleb thought it was dirty!

-Tonight Caleb pulled a stuffed dinosaur out of a "Goodwill bag" I had in the van. We were on our way to church to pick up Jeremy. Caleb asked me why we were taking the dinosaur to church (uhm...we were taking him to Goodwill). I didn't respond. He then said, "Is it because he needs to be saved?" Again, I didn't respond!

-This morning Caleb told me Happy Anniversary (it's our 9 year today!) and that he had a special gift for me. I asked him what it was, and he proudly said "a stick." He immediately followed that up with, "Mommy, do you know what a stick is?" Of course I do, we've got 3 little boys in this house!

-Stephen and Caleb watched our wedding video today. I snuck outside to call Jeremy. Caleb busted through the front door nearly in tears saying, "They threw rocks at Daddy and killed him." What? After some explaining, I understood that he saw our friends throwing flower petals at us as we left for our Honeymoon and assumed they were rocks. Poor Daddy!

Okay, I lied...all those actually happened TODAY! One from yesterday would be Caleb's sweet prayer:

"Dear Jesus, Thank you for dying on the cross and buying me dinosaurs. Thank you for my fingers and my fingernails and help me not to bite them anymore. Amen."

And the picture above, yep, that was him today, riding his scooter to the library, complete with a water gun and swim goggles!

Thank You, Lord, for our funny little guy!=)

1 comment:

  1. You forgot the haircut! Where's the picture! I'm so glad you posted this as it made my day laughing at him, although I can see loosing his blankie was not funny! Yep, God said, after all your family went through, I'll send you a little fellow to keep you on your toes and make you laugh and smile! Love you Caleb and all the laughter you bring us! MawMaw

    ReplyDelete