Tuesday, January 5, 2010

An Unexpected Pregnancy...I Mean, Post!!!!!!!

Some Christmas pictures to start things off:

Caleb at my parents (about to get in trouble, I'm sure!)


The bouncehouse!


Stephen and Caleb on their four-wheelers (I can't wait for it to warm up outside!)


The boys!!=)

So in the midst of saying a temporary farewell to Paw-Paw, our family determined to have a great Christmas. It was what Paw-Paw would have wanted. The boys' big gift from us was a bounce house. Stephen's eyes were wide when he walked downstairs Christmas morning! It was precious. Both he and Caleb have bounced themselves silly already!

Our big gift to our parents was the exciting news that Jeremy and I had been approved to adopt! We've been filling out the paperwork for months now and did our best to keep it a secret until Christmas. Every day I would run out to the mailbox, looking for our acceptance letter. We were so excited the day it finally came! I kept telling Jeremy that it felt like we had taken a positive pregnancy test but couldn't tell anyone!=)

We've always felt in our hearts that we would one day adopt and finally came to the point where we could no longer find an excuse to wait. We have been so excited! In our paperwork, we requested a little girl from Ethiopia. I have read blog after blog about adoption, and each time get more excited!

So, for Christmas, we gave our parents a copy of the awesome book Adopted For Life and a copy of our acceptance letter. They were so excited!=)

AND THEN...Here's the unexpected part...The part where I am still in shock and gasp a little at God's sense of humor...WE FOUND OUT WE'RE PREGNANT!!!!!!!!!!!

What in the world??? I keep asking myself! My first thought was, "How did this happen?" Silly, silly question. You'd think after 7 and a half years of marriage, we'd have this figured out!!! Seriously, we have been shocked into excitement!=) My due date is September 5, and the foreign word "Girl" has begun circulating around our family. Imagine the shock our parents had finding out we were adopting and then finding out days later that we were expecting.

I called Bethany Adoption, and they have put all our paperwork and funds on hold. The lady laughed! We will continue the process once this baby comes; which in turns means we're looking at having 4 kids??? Really????

Anyhoo, God definitely has a plan! Each day He amazes me and shocks me to my knees! Needless to say, it has been a roller coaster of a Christmas for us...But nothing that caught God by surprise! I'll keep everyone posted!

13 comments:

  1. What wonderful news...about both the adoption plans and the new little one on the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!!! What wonderful news! And yes, God really does have a great sense of humor doesn't he!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AMAZING!! God has his ways...

    We are so excited for you guys and will be praying for you and the new little life inside you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness!!! Congratulations! The Lord is just showering His blessings upon you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WONDERFUL WONDERFUL WONDERFUL WONDERFUL news!!! I'm so excited for your family, Tiffany! How amazing! Praise God for both precious new additions!

    ReplyDelete
  6. YAY!! We are soo excited for you!! God's pretty awesome, huh?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So excited about both your expected little ones. What great Christmas news! After all our teens I think you can manage 4 little ones. God is great.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have been so excited about your adoption plan!!! Now more reason to rejoice!!! God's plans are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations Jeremy and Tiff! So excited for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So, I washed my phone and lost your number or I would be texting you a zillion congrats! YAY! How are you feeling? If you need help with the boys please feel free to come over and they can hang out here.
    Note to any other Summit Staff Wives- don't drink the water- the Pollards have only been on staff for one year and they "caught" the bug, haha ;)

    ReplyDelete