Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Our Adoption in Christ...just the beginning!

...It has been at least an hour, and my pictures still haven't downloaded! Ugh! I give up! Maybe next time!=)
I'm right now at my Mom's and stealing a few free minutes to blog. It's been a good week so far. Yesterday Stephen and I found the local library and checked out way more books than I could carry! He loves getting new books! We also got some books on CD to listen to next week. We're heading to vacation on Sunday with my family. I hope the CD's will help pass the time. Jeremy has to come back next Wednesday for a meeting, but I'm not sure when the boys and I will return. My blogging, as usual, may be limited. Speaking of books, I have just started reading the book Adopted for Life by Russell D. Moore. It is so AWESOME! Jeremy and I have always considered adoption as something that would be a future part of our lives. This book has only reinforced the passion I feel in my heart. The author amazingly relates adopting children to our adoption by God. I have learned so much. I can barely put the book down; not because it's filled with a heartwarming story, but because of how much I'm learning about God's love for me. I would definitely recommend it...amazing! As far as Jeremy and I go, we are praying about adoption and trusting the Lord's guidance. Who knows?!=) Tonight we do the Chic-Fil-A thing and then tomorrow morning I head to the dentist! Fun stuff! Thursday will hopefully be a family day and then Stephen's spending Friday night in Winston. Busy but beautiful! I love this amazing life God has given me!

2 comments:

  1. I can HIGHLY recommend adoption as I am sure Ken and Kim would. It has brought such joy into my life. What a great idea.

    I will have to get that book. It sounds like great reading.

    Have a great time relaxing with family on vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a wonderful vacation and we'll be praying for you. Adoption, what an AWESOME BLESSING that would be!

    ReplyDelete