Sunday, October 25, 2009

Home!!!!

We officially have a new home! Yay! It’s been so busy here with unpacking and sorting. Stephen and Caleb definitely don’t help this process!=) I am proud to say, though, that all the boxes were unpacked, and our stuff in place before we had been in our house for an entire week. I’m not sure if I should pat myself on the back for that or fuss because I am such an OCD perfectionist! Regardless, it’s done! There are still some things that we need to purchase. Every house is so different and has different “needs.” There are also no pictures hung yet, but that will come. I don’t want to rush so much that I don’t love where everything is put. It’s been great going through the boxes of our stuff that we haven’t seen in almost a year. I’ve gotten rid of lots (all over again!). Truthfully, it’s also been kind of emotional. I’ve found so many things that have overwhelmed me with memories. For example, I found my devotional diary from 2007 in the bottom of a box. I flipped it over to August 27 (the day we had the wreck) and read what I had learned in my quiet time that morning. We had no idea what lay ahead less than 12 hours later. Even in what I wrote, I could see again how God was preparing us. Seeing the next couples weeks of that journal empty brought me to tears. God taught me so many things; growth that could never possibly be journaled. I also found lots of stuff from the Grove and Union Grove. Jeremy and I have laughed at pictures of the students and reminisced of so many fun times. We still miss these kids more than they will ever know. Speaking of them, I am so proud that the guys won the soccer State Championship on Saturday! Way to go guys!=) Stephen and Caleb are adjusting to our new home very well. Caleb loves sleeping in his own room (as opposed to a closet!), and Stephen is excited that we painted his new room the same Carolina blue color as his old room in Winston. The boys have a huge playroom, and we spend lots of our time in there. We have lots of room to grow if God ever leads us that way!=) I’ve experienced a lot of closure with this move also. It’s been kinda weird “making” a new home and “saying goodbye” to the one we built and loved. God has reminded me over and over, though, that His plans are perfect. I know we are in His will, and that this is the home He’d have us raise the boys in (unless, of course, His will again takes us somewhere else). So, with all that said, here are some pictures of our new home (sorry there aren't a bunch...my time is so limited right now) Enjoy!=)

Stephen and Caleb packed up and ready to move!=)


Our room


Stephen's room


Caleb's room


The outside

3 comments:

  1. What a lovely home to begin making new memories in! Thanks for giving us a peek!

    ReplyDelete
  2. May God's richest blessings on your family be found in this new home! We love you all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad God has given you peace about all that has transpired. You are such a blessing. I am still praying for you guys. God has great things for you. Love the home.

    ReplyDelete