Saturday, May 7, 2011

Attempts at Consistency


I try to "stick to my guns" with Stephen and Caleb, but sometimes it can be so hard.

The other night before Family Worship Caleb insisted on swinging in Jonathan's baby swing. It was about time to leave, so I told him I needed to get ready and couldn't push him right then. We had been outside for nearly an hour, so he had plenty of time to have made this request earlier. Anyways, Stephen came to his aid and volunteered to push Caleb if I would put him in the swing. I agreed but only after telling Caleb multiple times that I was not getting him out until it was time to leave.

After awhile of swinging, I heard Stephen come upstairs and get something and take it back outside. Later I went out there and found Caleb contentedly playing with his Thomas computer game while he sat helplessly in the swing. It was so cute. At least he and Stephen improvised, and I was able to keep my word.=)

1 comment:

  1. Good for you Momma for sticking to your word! I think that picture is adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete